Helping VET student loan providers meet reporting obligations.
Bluegem VET Student Loans Edition is designed for training and education providers offering VET-FEE Help.
What are VET Student Loans?
VET Student Loans for Higher Education is a Government loan scheme that helps eligible students pay their tuition fees for higher-level vocational education and training (VET) courses (at the diploma-level and above). These courses must be provided by authorised providers. Eligible students can apply for a loan to pay for their fees; they can apply for any amount up to the capped amount supplied by the Commonwealth Government’s VET Student Loans scheme.
VET Student Loans began on 1 January 2017, replacing the VET FEE‑HELP scheme.
International and domestic students
Many colleges offer courses to both international and domestic students, so if you’re also a Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) provider, you will need to comply with the ESOS National Code 2007. If this applies to you, we offer the same solution but also include the CRICOS suite of add-ons.
Our team is committed to ensuring a hassle-free experience for your institution. For further VET Student Loan (VET FEE Help) provider guidelines and assistance, please don’t hesitate contact us.
VET Student Loan functions
This edition streamlines the processes associated with offering, managing and reporting VET-FEE Help and VET Student Loan enrolments. The reporting requirements are outlined on the HEIMS website which publishes a calendar detailing what reports are required, and when. Out-of-the-box, (Registered Training Organisations) RTOs report via HEPCAT. To facilitate VET Student Loan (VET Fee Help) reporting, each VET Student Loan provider is given a HEPCAT login account. What’s more, HEPCAT also provide a web service which can conveniently automate reporting.
We have broken the solution into the key modules listed below:
- Document and template libraries – Letter of offer, enrolment forms, policies and procedures
- Attendance monitoring and reporting
- Academic (course) progress monitoring and reporting
- Intervention planning and management
- Dynamic study plans and timetables
- Automated billing, payment schedules and financial reporting for tuition and non-tuition items
- Agent portal and commission statements
- Easy-to-use portals for learners, agents and parents / guardians
- Offer face-to-face, online, virtual classroom and blended – all included – no extras!
- Provide online pre-enrolment, online payment and discount options
- Import up-to-date training scope directly via the TGA web service
- Set up non-accredited training and programs
- AVETMISS 7 and USI Compliance and reporting
- Conformance to Standards for RTOs (SRTO 2015)
- All the functionality inherited from either the Private or Public editions
“Bluegem has been the most successful implementation of any project undertaken by the department to date.
The Bluegem team submitted the most successful of all proposals demonstrating clear understanding of the Business requirements, the technical capacity to achieve our objectives and a product fit for purpose.”
“I just wanted to take a moment to send a quick email to say a big thank you to you and your team.
We had some pretty tight deadlines to meet to enable us to launch our first ever e-Learning course and with last minute changes being required, the speed and responsiveness of Bluegem was sensational.
Please pass on our thanks to your team”
“A huge thank you for all your assistance last week, it was so greatly appreciated.
It’s always a pleasure working with you all, your professionalism, enthusiasm and friendliness is only surpassed by the care you show in all your dealings with us.”